FS- Golden Campine Rooster- Christchurch

Have something for sale? Looking to buy something in particular? List your For Sale and Wanted adds here!
Forum rules
~*~IMPORTANT~*~

All topics in this forum have to use the following in the subject line:
WTB, FS, Swap, or Free followed by what it is you would like or are offering,
Include a description of the item e.g. White Silkie Cockerel (not just Cockerel, or Rooster or Silkie) plus your location, and if you are selling and are willing to ship, please put 'will ship'

e.g. FS - White Silkie Cockerel - Auckland, will ship

Once your item has been sold or you've found what you're after, please reply to your thread to let members know - e.g. Sold, thanks!

Threads in this forum will be automatically deleted after 90 days.

FS- Golden Campine Rooster- Christchurch

Postby atikin » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:01 pm

Introducing Fabio!!!!!!
(Not to be eaten)

Fabio has real character and quite the attitude too
He is good at looking after the ladies and fathers some very beautiful looking chicks
Fabio tends to go through phases where he likes to attack me, especially during breeding season, I am selling him because of this and am wanting a heavy breed rooster instead
He's been lots of fun to have but think its time he finds a new home, would be great for breeding from
[
I am unsure how old Fabio is but am under the impression that he's around 2-4years

He has recently been wormed and deloused

Fabio can be viewed or picked up from
Templeton/West Melton area in Christchurch
atikin
Pheasant
Pheasant

Re: FS- Golden Campine Rooster- Christchurch

Postby nhb » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:27 pm

If any of my roosters go me they will only do it once second time it's game set and match the rooster ends up without his head and in a pot he won't get another opportunity if they attack a child they can do a lot of damage. I would never give a rooster like this to anyone else . And I definitely wouldn't sell it.
nhb
Quail
Quail

Postby Marina » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:09 am

Hi Atikin,

sorry to hear this. Golden Campines are quite rare but I do have to agree with NHB - being aggressive is genetic and is passed on to his offspring.

I do not see a problem with selling an aggressive rooster - as long as you are up-front and honest. I'm not familiar with the breed so don't know whether it's normal for the roosters to be aggressive. As long as the person taking him on knows what he is like and he is kept in a pen where he can't get out you should be ok.

NHB - I do know how important it is to make sure aggressive roosters have no chance to attack children and mine, too, only get one chance. However, the breeds I have are generally non-aggressive so it's an unusual rooster who has to go.
Marina
Emu
Emu

Postby atikin » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:29 pm

Thank you everyone ☺

My plan is for him to go in the pot

But thought I would offer him around in case someone happened to be after a Golden Campine Rooster regardless of temperament
atikin
Pheasant
Pheasant

Return to Trade and Exchange